Saturday, December 13, 2008

Boholed up in Paradise

Upon approaching Pamilkayan island, off the coast of Bohol, it was as if we were joining in on a summit of the 4 elements. The sea beneath us, the sky all around us, the earth getting closer and closer, and the sun rising faster and faster. The sound of the motorboat was deafening at first, then it kind of faded into the background as I began to realize what a beautiful place I was in, and just how big the sky is.
I couldn't have asked for more in Bohol, the island we moved onto after Manila. We stayed at an organic bee farm and happened to be upgraded to the next best accomodation, because the one we'd booked wasn't available. We basically had a little 2 story island cottage to ourselves, in a very secluded very unique resort in Bohol. They grow their own organic herbs and harvest organic honey and use it in every dish, and let me tell you, the food was amazing. We have had such delicious meals here, huge ones too, and the food at the Bohol Bee Farm was nothing short of fantastic. There is so much to say about my whole trip, but for now, I just wanted to share the Bohol part of our trip because it was really just perfect, peaceful, beautiful, delicious, and so healthy too. Now, we are in the exact opposite of Bohol, Boracay, which is considered the Cancun of the Philippines. Lots of tourists, but still very beautiful. Actually, lastnight we found ourselves at a bar where they were celebrating the end of a 3 month beach clean up project. And the drinks were free and dinner was only 4 dollars for an all you can eat mongolian bareque. Tessa and Alisa leave tomorrow and while I am looking forward to the rest of my trip, I am so sad to see them go. But also excited that they will be home after their year of traveling around the world. Wow, I can't believe that pretty soon I will be home to, just in time for Christmas, so until then, bye!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just in time for the best celebration EVER!